Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Restart

While taking a creative writing course this semester, during my third attempt to become a college graduate, I've developed an itch to resurrect this dead space.  My dead space.  The reason for it is really threefold:

1. To force myself to write daily, no matter my mood, energy, or inspiration.  This space will act as proof of the effort and as a personal 'deadline' to challenge myself.

2. To thicken my skin.  I've tended to be too sensitive to critiques of my work, or simply too fearful of people reading it in general to even share.  I want to change that, even if I have to fling myself to the wolves in a hidden corner of the Internet.

3. To expose my work to an audience.  This sounds like a rephrasing of the last point, but it feels very different in intent to me.  I've become so hyper-critical of my own writing that I feel I can no longer properly judge its quality.  Fresh eyes, perspectives, and opinions are welcomed to help me shape and refine my writing voice.

This is a journey I hope I can endure, maybe even enjoy, for the long haul, and if you'll join me I'd be grateful. 

-Bruh

No comments:

Post a Comment